Customer Service/Operations Coordinator
- Job Title
- Customer Service/Operations Coordinator
- Job ID
- BUFFALO GROVE, IL 60089-1986
- Other Location
Customer Service / Operations Coordinator – Pharmaceutical
Our client is a leading Life Science Distribution Company with HQ in The Netherlands (Turnover €1.2 million+.) The company operates in a matrix structure with Globalized Divisions including Human Nutrition, Pharma, Personal Care and Animal Nutrition.
In line with a clearly defined strategy, the Pharma Division will extend the already successful excipient/API business in Europe/Brazil into all global regulated markets and North America is now the main focus for expansion. Our client sees this as a significant development, not only as the USA is the number one single largest excipient market in the world, but also that the presence of a Pharma/Nutra specialty distributor has not been exploited to date.
Our client gained a new majority shareholder at the end of 2019 and there is a very strong plan, along with financial backing, to establish and create a market leading specialty Pharma/Nutra distribution business in the USA and Canada.
As the Customer Service/Operations Coordinator, you will manage the customer sales order processes, shipments, and billing. You will also manage the supply chain processes, from stocking of inventory through warehouse and import/export management via brokers. Working within the team, you will serve our client’s existing customers and support the growth of the business with the addition of new customers and new principals. As a member of Pharma Team, you will be expected to support in the management of both customer and principal relationships as they relate to the sales of products into the US and Canadian markets.
- Manage customer orders from receipt of processed order to point of delivery. Check and send Certificates of Analysis to customers prior to receipt of goods. Liaise with warehouse to arrange and ensure efficient distribution of products to customers. Produce, review, and send out sales invoices. Check and resolve any issues as identified. Liaise with Credit Control / Finance to ensure customer’s accounts are managed and payments are received within the assigned payment terms.
- Respond to non-conformities from customers and suppliers as relevant. Enter and track the incident in CRM to completion. Assist in the development and implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Communicate with sales departments regarding transport quotations / import duty, stock replenishment / availability and issues within the logistics process. Management of Import / Export processing via agents ensuring adherence to legal / tax, regulatory and business requirements.
- Check, code and approve freight and warehouse costs in line with approval limits and contracted rates.
- Process Purchase Orders with Principals in accordance with procedures and business requirements, including raising purchase orders, liaison of availability, managing collections / shipments from USA and Europe. Issuing Purchase order / delivery / import documentation / instructions as and when required to logistics partners / brokers. Maintain optimum stock levels at warehouses / in transit as per contracts with Principals and customer requirements in liaison with Sales department. Ensuring stock is reconciled in accordance with procedures, carrying out stock checks and providing documented evidence as requested, management of damages, obsolete stock and disposal. Managing storage locations / volumes and segregation of stock in accordance with product and business needs.
- Identify cost savings and managing service level improvements.
- Strong customer service and supply chain acumen needed to build/ adapt business practices to meet demands of Pharma Division as we expand into the US market.
- Thorough understanding of the Pharmaceutical/Nutraceutical customer service and supply chain processes.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a customer facing support role, with an emphasis on distribution in the Pharmaceutical market.
- Strong prioritization of customers for the delivery of excellent service, with pro-active and supportive attitude.
- Ability to understand and address customer’s needs and follow shipments through to delivery and answer any additional customer questions/concerns.
- Flexible approach to dealing with both suppliers and customers to ensure seamless order and delivery of products.
- Confident in main software systems – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM and QuickBooks, Datacor and Overdrive. Help identify and implement new software systems, as needed.
- Energy and drive, with attention to detail, excellent communication skills and a team player.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.