Resource Center Navigator - Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Job Title
- Resource Center Navigator - Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Job ID
- HEALDSBURG, CA 95448
- Other Location
Resource Center Navigator- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Our client is a nonprofit organization working to strengthen the Northern Sonoma County community by bridging the racial, cultural, and economic divides that exist today. They operate a bilingual resource center in Healdsburg and offer family support programs, education for all ages, financial guidance, legal assistance, and emergency response. They coordinate and amplify the local Latinx voice, and host cultural events that publicly celebrate the Latinx community and build cultural bridges amongst neighbors. Everything they do supports their goals of overcoming cycles of poverty for participating families and empowering them to create new relationships—with each other, with the community at large and with local systems and services that are meant to exist for everyone.
Our client is seeking a Bilingual (Spanish and English), Full-Time Resource Center Navigator who will support the clients. Under the supervision of the Community Resource Center Manager, you will primarily be responsible for the professional and efficient management of visitors, telephone calls and messages, as well as a variety of clerical duties that support customer services, information and referral and the operation and presentation of a professional office.
Our client’s services include: Information & Referral, Case Management & Follow-Up, Advocacy, Parent Support and Educational Classes, Language Access & Interpretation Support, Crisis Intervention and Co-Located Partners & Services
- Deeply dedicated to providing wraparound services to support the community.
- An excellent team member and communicator.
- Promote a welcoming environment and culture of empowering families and ensure the provision of a consistent and equitable pathway for families navigating various challenges.
- Have demonstrated experience working with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and want to play a key role in the growth of an organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as initial greeter and screener of all clients who visit or call the center.
- Answer phones in English and Spanish, take phone messages, retrieve voicemails and transfer phone calls.
- Provide information about the organization, its programs and accurate referral information that is accessible to clients.
- Maintain daily contact log of client data information and activity and enter into the organizations Salesforce database regularly.
- Responsible for opening and closing office and security of the building by following established procedures.
- Maintain organization and tidiness of the center, including weekly organization of the bulletin boards, calendars and brochures, filing administrative documents.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties such as filing, photocopying and other duties as needed.
- Assists Managers on projects where administrative help is needed
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Education: High School Diploma or A.A. in Social Work, Social Science, Sociology, Education or related field, or two years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Preferred experience working in a community-based setting with high risk families and/or individuals who have experienced poverty, crisis, trauma, and other adverse events.
- Personality: Independent thinker, possess excellent customer service skills, professional attitude, a high level of personal integrity, maturity, and business judgment required.
- Performance: Able to multitask, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, able to do presentations and to maintain confidential information. Strong analytical skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish. Must be a well-organized professional who thrives in a team-oriented environment.
- Stress Management: Ability to remain tactful under pressure and present a professional demeanor and communication style with co-workers in a multicultural setting.
- Technology: Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and G-Suite applications as well as experience working with CRM systems preferably Salesforce
- Confidential and Sensitive Information: Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality when dealing with client information.
- Requirement: Must complete a DMV and criminal background check; and pass a criminal record clearance that includes fingerprinting through the Department of Justice.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter in Spanish and English outlining why this position would be a good fit for you
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.