Technical Project Coordinator
- Job Title
- Technical Project Coordinator
- Job ID
- SEWICKLEY, PA 15143-9515
- Other Location
Our client is an award-winning managed services provider providing comprehensive IT management to small and medium sized businesses across the Northeast and Canada. They were voted one of Pittsburgh's Fastest Growing Companies in 2017 and 2018 by the Pittsburgh business Times and ranked one of the top 100 Managed Services Providers in the world by Channel Partners in 2020. They've gotten their reputation and recognition because of their talented, experienced, and fun staff.
As a Project Coordinator position, you will be responsible for coordinating and managing all client projects. You will lead and guide the work of technical staff and serve as a liaison between the client and technicians whenever necessary to ensure that all stages of a given project run efficiently and are completed on time. You will also be responsible for planning project stages and assessing business implications for each stage, as well as monitoring progress to assure deadlines, standards, and major milestones are met.
Our client will expect you to work closely with Client Executives and the customer to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to a strict deadline. You will also play a critical role through the multiple phases of a project by providing consistent communication to staff, clients and external resources. The role is a key contributor to helping reach revenue goals and achieve business metrics.
- Work with the technical teams and client executives to define, develop, and execute project plans specifying goals, strategy, resources, scheduling, identification of risks etc…
- Coordinate all activities related to a project and be the focal point for all communications, status, and schedules for multiple concurrent IT projects.
- Responsible for managing the scheduling of all technical staff to ensure projects and on-site maintenance visits are carried out as planned.
- Meet weekly with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Constantly communicate with SD coordinator(s) regarding technician availability.
- Communicate with SD in regards to expected impact, outages, changes as a result of project implementations.
- Establish effective project plans and ensuring their execution.
- Facilitate scheduling change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule.
- Alert all parties to any potential changes resulting in scope creep.
- Obtain customer acceptance of project deliverables.
- Conduct post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Ensure that all appropriate documentation is updated in ITG as a result of any given project.
- Oversee the overall planning, coordination, execution, and completion of assigned projects and strategic initiatives.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Associates degree
- 1 + years’ coordination of IT Projects
- Project Management Certification preferred
Our client offers a competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package along with:
- A career path with unlimited potential in a company where technology IS their business
- A supportive management team who understands technology – and technologists
- Outstanding tools, documentation, and processes
- The ability to support a diverse base of over 300 IT environments
- The chance to work with more technological varieties, types and configurations in 1 year than most IT people see in a lifetime
- A solid culture based upon core values in a friendly, collaborative, fast-paced environment