Senior Systems/Network Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Systems/Network Engineer
- Job ID
- SEWICKLEY, PA 15143-9515
- Other Location
Senior Systems/Network Engineer
Our client is an award-winning managed services provider providing comprehensive IT management to small and medium sized businesses across the Northeast and Canada. They were voted one of Pittsburgh's Fastest Growing Companies in 2017 and 2018 by the Pittsburgh business Times and ranked one of the top 100 Managed Services Providers in the world by Channel Partners in 2020. They've gotten their reputation and recognition because of their talented, experienced, and fun staff.
As the Senior Systems/Network Engineer, you will complete project and light integration work for clients, both scoped and non-scoped. Members of the Professional Services team are responsible for a variety of billable and non-billable work, to be completed on site and remotely as well as scoping project work for quoting and execution.
You will be expected to have experience supporting many types of technology needs, including Microsoft Server, Virtualization, Office 365, DNS, Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, LAN/WAN networking with proficiencies in storage, routing, and desktop support technologies.
- Design, implementation, and support service for WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Design, implementation, and support service for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, O365, Azure, RDS, DFS, WDS/MDT, etc.
- Design, implementation, and support service for virtualization technologies (VMWare/HyperV).
- Use remote tools to efficiently deliver service.
- Create and maintain client-related documentation within Apogee Documentation System
- Communication with customers and internal teams as required: communicating via phone, email and in person meetings to describe technical issues, downtime and processes to varying levels of technical experience.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Document Client Technical infrastructure.
- Responsible for entering time in ConnectWise Project and Service tickets as work is performed.
- Work with Project Management and vCIO teams to ensure all project work is completed and any gap analysis is communicated effectively
- 5+ years of Windows Server/Domain Controller/RDS Admin/Exchange Admin
- Skilled in scripting technologies: PowerShell, vbscript, cmd
- 5+ years of network administration with strong understanding of routing and switching
- Firewall Experience – Cisco ASA, Fortinet, Dell SonicWall
- Ability to Analyze network device logs and Capture and analyze network traffic
- Knowledge of application systems and their impact on network design and implementation strategies preferred.
- Ability to follow and create written process documentation
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Positive, energetic, and professional demeanor
- Detail oriented
- Associate’s or Bachelors in a technical field preferred.
- 5+ years of IT experience in at least a level 2 support position.
- Experience with ConnectWise Manage, Automate, & Control preferred
- Experience with Fortinet products
- Experience in router configuration/troubleshooting, TCP/IP addressing, DNS/DHCP, VPN, Layer 3 switches and VLANs preferred.
Our client offers a competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package along with:
- A career path with unlimited potential in a company where technology IS their business
- A supportive management team who understands technology – and technologists
- Outstanding tools, documentation, and processes
- The ability to support a diverse base of over 300 IT environments
- The chance to work with more technological varieties, types and configurations in 1 year than most IT people see in a lifetime
- A solid culture based upon core values in a friendly, collaborative, fast-paced environment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.