Director, Business Continuity
- Job Title
- Director, Business Continuity
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Director, Business Continuity
We are currently seeking a Director, Business Continuity to join our team.
This position is responsible for development, implementation and ongoing management of the Corporate Business Continuity (BC) and Crisis and Emergency Management (CEM) programs. This role will collaborate with key stakeholders within the organization to evaluate current processes, systems and applications to further enhance the business resiliency, emergency preparedness and overall response capabilities of the organization while ultimately minimizing the recovery time of impacted systems and processes post-event.
Under minimal supervision and heavy decision-making:
· Develops and manages company’s emergency management and business continuity programs as they relate to events and incidents that have the potential to disrupt operations or compromise the safety and/or security of company employees, assets or operations.
· Acts as a primary point of contact to individual business units as well as department leadership groups to ensure overall training and preparedness of organization is achieved through conducting an enterprise-wide Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and gap analysis – gap remediation strategy.
· Defines key metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) within company and communicates strategic roadmap based on measurable progress.
· Leads the program awareness initiatives using grassroots communication methods within the organization.
· Manages the ongoing program evaluation and evolution by assessment of new and relevant technologies or organizational changes based on best management practices.
· Manages business continuity and crisis management technology platforms.
· Liaises and communicates with Corporate Human Resources, Corporate Security, Facilities and other leadership teams on a regular basis to ensure readiness – even during times when no-events are anticipated.
· Plans and conducts exercises and training geared to evaluate the Emergency Management and Business Continuity function at multiple levels.
· Ensures that each business unit is prepared for recovery and has an updated and current business continuity plan that has been captured and documented and are consistent and compliant with national (FEMA) emergency best practices.
· Maintains ongoing relationships and partnerships with business leaders to ensure that BC and CEM programs evolve with business’ short, medium and long-term strategies.
· Serves as a key resource for the Security Operations Center (SOC) as well as the Incident Command Center (ICC) during an event.
· Facilitates an After-Action Review (AAR) following training, emergency, or disaster, including a written report outlining improvement opportunities regarding future events.
· Serves as primary relationship manager for all internal business units for business continuity and crises emergency response purposes.
· Leads multi-disciplinary team of business unit leaders for planning and response activities.
· Provides employees with timely, candid, and constructive feedback; develops employees to their full potential; recognizes and rewards employees for accomplishments; prepares and conducts annual performance reviews.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, information systems, business continuity, communications, public relations, emergency management or related field is required.
· Seven or more years of experience in program management including 2 years of experience in leadership role of emergency management and business continuity for a medium to large sized company is required.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
· National Incident Management System (NIMS) IS 100, 200, 700, 800
· Certified Instructor in NIMS ICS 300 and 400
· Completion of FEMA Professional Development Series (PDS)
· Business Continuity Certification (e.g. CBCP, CBCI, C/DRE, CBCM, EDRP, etc.) or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
· Familiarity with business continuity applications such as Assurance, Fusion, Catalyst or similar platforms.
· General knowledge of project management principles. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Excellent interpersonal communication and problem solving skills.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing; working independently under general instructions and maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment. Ability to identify user requirements and aid in problem resolution utilizing good analytical skills, sound judgment, good customer service skills, communication skills as well as follow-up and organizational skills.
· High level of business acumen.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.