- Job Title
- Bookkeeper-Fund Accounting
- Job ID
- NEW YORK, NY 10003-2123
- Other Location
- Remote Hybrid position
Bookkeeper – Fund Accounting
Primary Wave Music Publishing was founded in 2006 and specializes in the acquisition and unique marketing of iconic and legendary music catalogs. Over the years the company has acquired the copyrights of over 40,000 songs from the catalogs of legendary artists such as Bob Marley, Smokey Robinson, The Four Seasons, Whitney Houston, Paul Anka, Burt Bacharach, Stevie Nicks, Sly & The Family Stone, and many others. As a company, we strive for excellence in the pursuit of catalogs that not only reflect great songwriting, but moments of culture. Primary Wave has strategically grown over the last 14 years into a full-service music company that includes Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Publicity, Film/TV, and commercial synchronization.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and a sharp mind who will be responsible for full cycle accounts payable, accounts receivable, balance sheet reconciliations, data entry, GL coding and month-end closing processes. This role reports to the Fund Controller.
As the Bookkeeper, we will rely on you to successfully perform the following duties:
- Accounts Payable - expense report reconciliations, coding and processing vendor invoices to enter approval queue. Researching and resolving vendor invoice and payment issues. Other A/P related duties as needed.
- Accounts Receivable - invoicing clients as needed, reconciling payments received and assisting the income tracking team in following up on receivables.
- Performing bank account, credit card and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Journal Entries/Month-End Closing – Working with the Fund Controller to book month end entries such as expense accruals, prepaid and other close entries, and running Financial Statements.
- Monitoring and maintaining an impeccable internal control environment.
- Handling year end tax reporting requirements such as 1099 and 1042 filings.
- Performing ad-hoc special projects as needed.
- Communicating regularly and effectively with management to ensure accuracy of real-time decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with 3+ years of relevant finance work experience
- Mix of private equity, private and public bookkeeping preferred
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles required
- Experience with enterprise software; experience with Sage Intacct and other AP systems a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines with varying degrees of pressure and able to handle confidential information responsibly
- Ability to multi-task and manage time to prioritize tasks
- Must be self-motivated with an intellectual curiosity
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We offer exceptional benefits to our employees. In addition to a competitive salary of $60K annually, for our full-time employees we provide one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including a healthcare plan, 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, holidays, and life insurance.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.