- Job Title
- Operations Manager
- Job ID
- Morgantown, WV 26501
- Other Location
At Visit Mountaineer Country Convention and Visitors Bureau, we seek to create a positive economic impact on the Mountaineer Country area by aggressively marketing to visitors, specifically the leisure, conference, sports and special events, and group tour markets.
We inform, educate, and advise our visitors on where to eat, play, shop, stay, and more, so their time in Mountaineer Country is well planned and remembered.
We are seeking a leader who is very customer-focused, dependable, enjoys teamwork, and possesses great time management skills.
As the Operations Manager, you will assist the President & CEO with the management of VMCCVB operations maximizing teamwork and the fulfillment of organizational values of optimizing relationships with partners to meet the goals of “wowing our guests” and “one more night, one more dollar”. As the Mountaineer Country destination management organization, VMCCVB’s team is responsible for maximizing the return of every lodging tax dollar to build the tourism economy. We will rely on our Operations Manager to coordinate and supports monthly financial functions, human resources, technology, sales, community engagement, lodging tax development, various tourism initiatives, Tourism Advancement Fund, and event coordination as needed. You will also formulate and recommend policies and programs which guide the VMCCVB in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation and long-term sustainability within our non-profit structure.
- Manages and coordinates VMCCVB sales efforts – relationships, business procurement, etc.
- Works with third-party human resource company to manage organizational compliance on labor issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training, grievances, continuing education, and the like; ensuring staff comply with company policies and administering practices in a fair and equitable manner
- Coordinates organizational financial functions with CEO (monthly financial reports & functions using QuickBooks, lodging tax collection & reporting, budgeting, audit, etc.)
- Maintains up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance
- Manages Visitor Center operations, physical plant, & storage with the support of VMCCVB team
- Supports the Tourism Advancement Fund grant process
- Supports community engagement as needed
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related major, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of industry experience, specifically hotel group sales
- Knowledge of industry, human resources laws and regulations, and employee relations skills
- Knowledge of financial systems, reporting, and policies
- Must be PC proficient and have the ability to present functional specifications to IT department
- Ability to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and to be conscientious about assignments
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company
- Ability to exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.