Big Data Software Engineer - TS/SCI Clearance
- Job Title
- Big Data Software Engineer - TS/SCI Clearance
- Job ID
- Herndon, VA
- Other Location
- Springfield, VA; Chantilly, VA; Colorado Springs, CO; Fort Meade, MD; Ypsilanti, MI
Big Data Software Engineer
Northern Virginia, Maryland, Colorado, or Michigan
@Orchard is retained by a top space technology company in their search for a Software Engineer specializing in big data solutions to join their team supporting a user base with a mission to solve unique and challenging problems in support of national security. The ideal candidate will be part of a lean agile multi-disciplinary software team and have the unique opportunity to interact directly with users and other technologists to ensure solutions, development and tools meet the needs of the customer.
Location options: Northern Virginia, Maryland, Colorado, Michigan
- Create discovery and automation tools to enable geospatial and intelligence analysis of complex problems utilizing an array of data types and sources.
- Develop enabling software solutions using a variety of scripting languages that address real world user requirements; writes and debugs custom code and creates user documentation.
- Monitor and understand high level operational geospatial processes.
- Communicate with multidisciplinary teams and articulate technical concepts and ideas effectively.
- US citizenship and an active TS/SCI clearance is mandatory for this position and required for consideration. Must be willing to obtain a CI Poly.
- Degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, GIS. Equivalent demonstrated experience of 4 years or more will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 5+ years of demonstrated technical experience in developing custom software solutions
- 3+ years of experience performing data extraction, manipulation, and visualization with proficiency in Java, Python, R, and/or other similar languages
- Experience with some big data technologies such as Spark, Elasticsearch, Hive, Hadoop, and/or Accumulo
- Willingness to work onsite 75% or as needs dictate
Additional Skills Desired:
- Familiarity with concepts such as Data visualization; Data management, Data integration, User Interfaces, Databases
- Strong Linux skills and familiarity with hybrid cloud/on-prem architecture, AWS, C2S, Openstack, etc.
- An adaptable and solution centric mindset that embraces technology enablers.
- Familiarity with common industry software tools, concepts, and DevSecOps
- Experience working with open-source resources in a government computing environment
- Able to work effectively with a geographically distributed ops & development team
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and team in written and oral forums
- Can work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment, with factory reach-back support.
- Experience as a military/intelligence analyst, supporting the military/IC, or knowledge of some IC PED systems is a plus!
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit, or if you would simply like more information, please apply so that we can paint the full picture.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.