Clinical Nurse - Department: Neuro/Spine/Brain Unit
- Job Title
- Clinical Nurse - Department: Neuro/Spine/Brain Unit
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Clinical Nurse for our Neuro/Stroke/Brain Unit.
This position provides and assures patient centered, cost efficient, safe, culturally competent, linguistically sensitive and quality care by adhering to evidence based practice; continuously assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates outcomes; follows hospital, Nurse Practice Act, District of Columbia Board of Nursing, accrediting and regulatory agency regulations regarding standards of care.
The Clinical Nurse:
- Demonstrates competency in clinical skills, bedside manner, infection control, physiological knowledge, administering medication, medical teamwork, multi-tasking, listening, verbal communication, health promotion and maintenance.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills. Demonstrates willingness to learn. Knowledge of professional nursing and biopsychosocial principles, theories, concepts, and their adaptation to nursing practice.
- Knowledge of pharmacology of various drugs and their therapeutic and adverse actions and complications. Competence in both oral and written English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, and sick leave and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills