RN, Quality Advisor
- Job Title
- RN, Quality Advisor
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
This position works in conjunction with service line or department leadership to develop and implement effective systems to evaluate and improve patient outcomes and quality care; provides leadership in the areas of quality improvement and supports the mission of Howard University Hospital.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide one-on-one customer service and area-specific coaching to assigned departments
regarding Tracer findings, compliance with regulatory requirements
• Facilitate focused quality and performance improvement efforts in accordance with HUH’s
documented Performance Improvement System (DMAIC) for assigned departments, units and
committees. Effectively lead projects and project teams to ensure timely, fiscally sound, quality
• Partner with assigned areas to support continuous accreditation readiness (e.g. Mock surveys,
Inter-Cycle Monitoring, Survey, etc.) Conduct Tracers and mini Tracers to ensure compliance with
Entity and HUH policy, TJC standards, and CMS/ DHMH regulations
• Monitor and assist in the preparation of status reports for assigned monthly project review
• Support assigned committees
• Support Peer Review efforts for nursing and LIPs by providing quality data and educating the nurse
leadership and department chairs on quality data, accreditation and regulatory standards.
• Supports activities/tasks resulting from patient safety incidents/ findings
• Participate in RCA’s in assigned areas
Work Schedule: Full time, Days
Must demonstrate collaboration; accountability; respect; excellence; and service.
Works with team members and peers in and outside of their immediate work group to create an exceptional experience for patients, students and other visitors; looks for ways to achieve departmental/institutional results by partnering.
Accepts responsibility for his/her actions to provide health care and or ancillary functions in a highly efficient and compassionate manner. The employee must function as a Steward (Have Ownership) of the Howard values that foster a commitment to improving the patient and student experience, organizational efficiency and the environment.
Embraces diversity; cares holistically for those we serve; treats all as we would like to be treated; manages the patient’s right to privacy with meticulous care 100% of the time and keeps patient and proprietary information about the institution confidential.
Anticipates the patient’s and student’s needs, presents as a model representative of the institution and maintains high standards of care while striving to improve performance and create exceptional experiences for our customers.
Behaves in a friendly, resourceful and professional manner towards all they encounter; treats patients, students and visitors in the same way that they would want their family members or themselves to be treated.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Howard University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
• RN required, Master’s Degree preferred
• Project management experience in the health care industry
• Strong knowledge of clinical operations
• Experience interacting with cross functional teams
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• RN license required
• Six Sigma Green Belt or higher-must be obtained if hired within 1 yr of hire
• CPHQ preferred
• Excellent communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational and priority setting skills