Supervisor, Patient Access
- Job Title
- Supervisor, Patient Access
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a (Supervisor, Patient Access) who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Supervisor, Patient Access:
- Supervises the day to day functions of a Patient Access Registration site.
- Manages workflows, assessing any registration delays and resolving delays.
- Reviews registration to ensure that productivity is met.
- Ensures accuracy of medical record number assignments and resolves duplicate number problems.
- Monitors staff accuracy of data collected and entered to financially secure the account.
- Identifies staffing issues due to vacations and illness, moving staff as needed for full site coverage.
- Develops and maintains statistical reports on the various parameters in the department.
- Develops and evaluates policies and procedures relating to Patient Access.
- Understands and shares financial information with team, providing reimbursement information.
- Works with other departments, providing patient financial information which will assist the patient.
- Monitors, trains and evaluates staff use of the electronic hospital systems and third-party systems.
- Responsible for personnel management to include interviewing, hiring, orienting, training, scheduling, evaluating, and counseling.
- Manages or collaborates to ensure an accurate census and bed assignments.
- Collaborates with staff and physicians, providing third-party information or demographic information.
- Ensures timely insurance verifications, pre-admissions and scheduling.
- Researches denials and customer service complaints.
- Ensures security of valuables.
- Promotes adherence to the Health Sciences Compliance Program, the Howard University Code of Ethics and the Health Sciences Standards of Conduct.
- Attends annual and periodic mandatory Compliance Program training including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy training.
- Participates in activities that promote adherence to federal healthcare program requirements.
- Actively participates in Health Sciences Compliance Program activities.
- Adheres to the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients, families, and staff.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
- Two years of college preferred. With related college coursework, three years of hospital financial experience is required. In lieu of college, five years of related hospital financial experience in Patient Access or Accounts is required. Two years of demonstrated experience as a supervisor in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Required Skills
Two years of college preferred. With related college coursework, three years of hospital financial experience is required. In lieu of college, five years of related hospital financial experience in Patient Access or Accounts is required. Two years of demonstrated experience as a supervisor in a healthcare setting preferred.