Systems Analyst III - HL-7 Engineer
- Job Title
- Systems Analyst III - HL-7 Engineer
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Systems Analyst III who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Systems Analyst:
Will be working with direction from the Manager of Applications, this role will provide additional leadership and work effort towards interface development and support specifically with HL-7, DICOM, SQL, ETL, and database management and support activities.
- Specific Accountabilities include: HL-7 development and support, Database Support, Quality Assurance (Attention to Detail, Software Validation and Documentation), and Project Management.
- Support the day-to-day operations of HL-7 inbound/outbound interfaces.
- Adherence to project timelines and budgets.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible systems integration experience that demonstrates a high level of understanding of the standard tools, workflow processes, and/or procedures and concepts used in the deployment and development of system integration standards and solutions necessary to run hospital systems such as HL-7, DICOM, ETL, SQL, etc.
- The candidate shall possess high competency and technical skills in the development and operationalizing of application integration models in a multi-layer enterprise application environment
- Responsible for the timely resolution of specific issues and problems within a particular area, application, Microsoft SQL/Oracle databases, technology, and systems.
- Experience with interfacing Electronic Medical/Health Record (EMR / EHR) System components is a must.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows Server environments including Active Directory and Exchange.
- PMP certification is a plus.
Work life balance
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Detailed knowledge of healthcare software solutions plus a broad knowledge of application programming methods, procedures and techniques in order to provide trouble-shooting and consulting services, and deal effectively with vendor technicians in pertinent specialty areas.
Knowledge and experience in programming, technical network architecture, Information Systems management, and network operating systems is mandatory.
Demonstrated analytical skills: analyze complex tasks/ systems/problems, determine possible solutions, and design, implement and evaluate most effective solution.
Demonstrates professional demeanor, excellent communications and interpersonal skills to effectively analyze, interact, and provide recommendations to system users, leadership, and vendors.
Novice to intermediate level understanding of Hospital Information Systems and Clinical Information Systems.
Strong interpersonal skills with positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
On-call availability is required for this position