Clinical Nurse - Denials & Appeals
- Job Title
- Clinical Nurse - Denials & Appeals
- Job ID
- WASHINGTON, DC 20002
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Denial & Appeals Nurse who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Denial & Appeals Nurse:
- Must demonstrate collaboration; accountability; respect; excellence; and service.
- Works with team members and peers in and outside of their immediate work group to create an exceptional experience for patients, students and other visitors.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions to provide health care and/or ancillary functions in a highly efficient and compassionate manner. The employee must function as a Steward of Howard values that foster a commitment to improving the patient and student experience, organizational efficiency and the environment.
- Embraces diversity and cares holistically for those the Hospital serves.
- Manages the patient’s right to privacy with meticulous care and keeps patient and proprietary information about the institution confidential.
- Anticipates the patients’ and students’ needs, presents as a model representative of the institution and maintains high standards of care while striving to improve performance and create exceptional experiences for our customers.
- Conduct oneself in a friendly, resourceful and professional manner towards all Howard University employees and vendors. In addition, show respect to patients, students and visitors in the same way that they would want their family members or themselves to be treated.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required; Master’s degree preferred
- Current nursing license in good standing. If not an active Washington, DC nursing license, would need to become certified in Washington, DC upon hire. Certification in case management or denial management preferred.
- Two years (2) direct patient care experience as an RN in an acute care setting. Two years (2) of experience working with denials and appeals, utilization review, and case management in an acute care setting.
· Work life balance
· Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
· Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation and sick leave and 403B retirement plan)
· 100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required; Master’s degree preferred
• Current nursing license in good standing. If not an active Washington, DC nursing license, would need to become certified in Washington, DC upon hire. Certification in case management or denial management preferred.
• Two years (2) direct patient care experience as an RN in an acute care setting. Two years (2) of experience working with denials and appeals, utilization review, and case management in an acute care setting.