Manager, Clinical Applications
- Job Title
- Manager, Clinical Applications
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Manager, Clinical Applications who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Manager, Clinical Applications:
- Oversee team’s configuration activities and ensure all application features are functioning properly and meet functional and clinical requirements
- Analyze and estimate work effort based on technical and user requirements and perform resource capacity planning for the team
- Effectively recommends performance assessments, makes recommendation for new hires and disciplinary actions
- Manage end-to-end development process of application solutions from requirements gathering to final production implementation, working with other internal IT teams, corporate staff, and outside vendors
- Mentor staff and support staff’s professional development
- Evaluate staff performance and complete annual performance reviews
- Work to orient new staff members to maximize their performance
- Actively participates in project governance committees to understand business requirements & lend expertise to design and development
- Ensure team compliance with all change control and documentation requirements
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other similar educational experiences required
- At least five (5) years of progressive experience in the management of enterprise applications in the healthcare environment
- Three (3) years supervisory experience required
- Strong experience in project management and people management is necessary
- Technical experience with Soarian Clinicals, PACS, and an ERP is a must
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Work life balance
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
- Required Skills
•Knowledgeable of various enterprise software technologies used in an acute care hospital.
•Critical and analytical thinking skills.
•Excellent collaborating, communication, and negotiation skills to effectively serve as a leader.
•Ability to hire, supervise and motivate a competent technical staff.
•Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
•Knowledge of the principles, practices and methods associated with retirement programs administration and audits.
•Proficiency in the operation of computers, related software applications (word-processing, spreadsheet, database, graphic presentations, as well as other standard office equipment information systems, etc.) and standard office equipment.
•Proficient knowledge and compliance with management practices, company policies, business ethics and procedures.
•Ability to meet deadlines and multitask.
•Ability to assist in facilitating progressive change.
•Ability to operate independently and within a team environment and facilitate consensus.
•Ability to exercise discretion and ensure a high level of confidentiality.
•Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
•Ability to work independently or as part of a team with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude.
•Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.