- Job Title
- HR Generalist
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire an HR Generalist who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The HR Generalist:
The HR Generalist will be responsible for:
- Assists in maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment. Provides general HR-related customer service to all employees and contractors within the organization.
- Manages and administers pre-employment, onboarding, and off-boarding process for all employees, temps, and contractors. Manages workforce planning including contract labor management.
- Maintains records to assure regulatory compliance. Develops and maintains EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Supports change management processes and initiatives by maintaining a position of influence and persuasion with business leaders and employees.
- Assists in the management and maintenance of the Human Resources Information System and reporting. Performs monthly reconciliation and reporting.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Knowledge of general human resource policies, employment, and labor laws.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR best practices and project management.
- Ability to problem solve and use independent judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; can communicate effectively orally and in writing with a diverse population.
- Demonstrated skills in problem-solving, time management, and service delivery.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and with an applicant tracking system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; great interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and ensure a high level of confidentiality.
Qualified candidates will require:
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university, preferably in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- Three (3) years of experience as an HR Generalist.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children the Recruitment Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the recruitment workflow with other stakeholders (i.e. talent acquisition specialists, hiring managers, and HR management). Also assists with various employment functions as needed.
- Required Skills
Knowledge of general human resource policies, employment, and labor laws.
Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply a variety of rules, policies, and procedures with attention to detail.
Demonstrated knowledge of HR best practices and project management.
Ability to exercise discretion and ensure a high level of confidentiality.