- Job Title
- Facilities Coordinator
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Facilities Coordinator who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Facilities Coordinator:
- Coordinates and follows up on ongoing requests for services, repairs, supplies, and equipment as requested by hospital departments and provides Status Reports to the Director of Facilities, as requested.
- Coordinates, and follows through to completion, activities such as office reconfigurations, moving furniture (with the support of appropriate staff), and building maintenance and repair activities when this primarily includes scheduled maintenance.
- Immediately responds to complaints for services, repairs, equipment, supplies, etc., when those activities require meeting rapidly changing and relatively unpredictable demands for services and frequent need for unscheduled maintenance due to worn or constantly overtaxed facilities/equipment or supplies. In circumstances where content expertise is necessary, defers to the appropriate manager and/or expert.
- Plans the delivery of required operational support activities, maintenance activities, repairs, replenishment of critical supplies.
- Assists in determining operating and maintenance or service requirements, forecasts material and manpower needs, organizes and coordinates required or requested resources, and evaluates the effectiveness of meeting demands by conducting physical inspections.
- Anticipates needed actions or the consequences of in-action and solicits the ideas and suggestions of hospital staff relative to improving existing services.
- Participates in project assignments and special studies on broad internal and external issues and problems.
- Assumes the delegated responsibility to respond to inquiries and requests for action by the Director of Facilities and others as requested by the Director of Facilities. This may require direct coordination with related hospital divisions and/or sections.
- Assists in the arranging of transport needs as requested by Hospital Executive staff. (Such transport is restricted to members of the Executive Leadership Team).
- Inputs work orders.
- Tracks all work orders to completion.
- Manages all communications with customers.
- Generates purchase orders for all routine and project materials in Lawson system.
- Provides staffing analysis leading to operational efficiencies and cost reductions.
- Assists in preparing and executing successful Joint Commission and DC Department of Health surveys.
- Responsible for all departmental timekeeping/payroll.
- Assists in identifying problems with facilities in terms of functioning and appearance.
- Assists the Director of Facilities in providing overall facilities support and service to the Hospital.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible Project Management work experience in a hospital or healthcare facility.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field, five (5) years of experience managing administrative support or clinical services support program in a hospital or healthcare facility.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, lift (12-25lbs), bend, write, type, file, speak, hear, see, calculate, compare, edit, evaluate, interpret and organize for extended periods of time.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field preferred.
Three (3) years of progressively responsible Project Management work experience in a Hospital or healthcare facility.
In lieu of a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field, five (5) years of experience managing an administrative support or clinical services support program in a hospital or healthcare facility.
Must be able to stand, walk, sit, lift (12-25lbs), bend, write, type, file, speak, hear, see, calculate, compare, edit, evaluate, interpret and organize for extended periods of time.