Patient Access Associate II
- Job Title
- Patient Access Associate II
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Patient Access Associate II who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Patient Access Associate II:
- Contacts insurance carriers and/or reviews information from automated insurance verification systems to determine coverage and eligibility, i.e. ECS line and HDX Eligibility.
- Initiates and views HDX Eligibility and Search America or a similar application to screen all insurance plans during the registration process.
- Conducts follow-ups with patients involved in accidents (motor and industrial) or their representing attorneys to obtain required insurance, financial, and/or accident information.
- Contacts insurance companies to inform of elective and emergency admissions, elective and urgent surgical cases, medical admissions, diagnostic cases, and elective ambulatory (in and out) surgical cases prior to and at the time of service.
- Immediately identifies and refers all uninsured patients, refer to third party eligibility vendor, and/or start financial assistance application.
- Assists in periodic Charge Master, Service Master, or other profile master audits to ensure maximization of revenue capture.
- Researches CPT codes and prepares Self Pay contracts for all self-pay patients.
- Performs Quality Assurance audits, complete pre-bill reports that affects or delays claim submission
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Healthcare.
- Five (5) years experience in patient access/registration, billing, cash collections, insurance, pre-certifications, or related experience in a medical center/physician office environment.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) or equivalent preferred.
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Healthcare
Five (5) years experience in patient access/registration, billing, cash collections, insurance, pre-certifications or related experience in a medical center/physician office environment.
Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) or equivalent preferred.