Social Worker (LGSW)
- Job Title
- Social Worker (LGSW)
- Job ID
- Part Time
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on a Historically Black University campus. It has created a superior learning environment with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Social Worker (LGSW) who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Social Worker will:
- Participate in weekly Network Meetings.
- Engage and support the implementation of Year Two Work Plan activities, Milestones, Reporting Systems.
- Prepare and submit monthly activity reporting to Supervisor.
- Participate in ongoing expectant and parenting teen recruitment and engagement.
- Participate in Communication Planning and implementation.
- Participate in Network Evaluation Design and Process.
- Participate in training and additional educational opportunities as required.
- Develop and implement screening tools to assess expectant and parenting teen support needs.
- Engage clinical partners to align with the mission and goals of DC NEXT! STEPS.
- Outreach to young parents for involvement in DC NEXT STEPS.
- Participate in design and build of self-assessment optimal health tool.
- Engage and motivate expectant and parenting youth.
- Prioritize youth voice in intervention choices and design.
- Participate in thirty minutes of supervision from a LICSW each week.
- The social workers are required to have a DC license and the requisite expertise, experience, and qualifications to provide Perinatal Support Services to expectant and parenting teens.
- The social workers shall maintain all authorizations, approvals, licenses, and permits necessary in the District of Columbia.
- The social workers will complete the services as required for 4 hours per week.
At Howard University Hospital, our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
-The social workers are required to have a DC license and the requisite expertise, experience, and qualifications to provide Perinatal Support Services to expectant and parenting teens.
-The social workers shall maintain all authorizations, approvals, licenses, and permits necessary in the District of Columbia.
-The social workers will complete the services as required for 4 hours per week.