Service Support Desk Technician (Remote)
- Job Title
- Service Support Desk Technician (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Mountain or Pacific Time Preferred,
- Other Location
Mountain or Pacific Time Zone Preferred
The Service Support Desk Technician is responsible for acknowledging and responding to incoming customer calls, emails, and electronic service tickets. As a remote IT support specialist, you will be the first call resolution through application tools (e.g. Citrix, VPN, etc.) and contact internal service providers or outside vendors to order supplies and dispatch service to resolve customer needs/requests.
The job description reflects management's assignments of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Strong people skills; able to build and maintain professional, trusting relationships with clients, Vereco Operations Team, and vendors
- Able to adapt to the client environment/culture and work with various personality types and reporting levels quickly and effectively.
- Communicates and interacts with customers, field service, sales, management, and administration in a courteous, positive, and professional way.
- Acts as the first point of contact for customer issues and demonstrates a commitment to customer satisfaction by providing resolution through physical response or assignment to the service provider.
- Monitors and manages service tickets in the customer helpdesk application (e.g. CA Service Desk, Service Now) from ticket open to ticket close and issue resolution.
- Answers incoming customer phone calls, emails, and service tickets and takes the appropriate action for each request.
- Contacts the appropriate internal or external service provider to dispatch service for each service ticket or complete a supply order to fulfill the customer's request.
- Monitors service level response times and escalates issues before service tickets exceed company response criteria.
- Follows up contact with the customer during and after resolution of service requests.
- Inputs data into Excel, Service Desk, and Vendor Web Portals.
- Uses company policies to determine if there can be an immediate resolution to a customer issue or if that issue requires managerial input.
- Troubleshoot and install applications updates (e.g. print drivers, firmware, etc.)
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Set up user accounts within helpdesk applications
- Assist onsite project teams with remote support installation issues and programming
- Provide end-user training on devices or functionality as required.
- Complete all administrative aspects of the job on time and with little to no errors.
- Create and maintain accurate equipment databases including network connectivity for supported clients
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrates high proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite to manipulate data, and access online manuals/diagnostic tools.
- Prior customer service or IT service desk experience.
- Ability to problem-solve, analyze, and read and comprehend technical information.
- Utilizes strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional, trusting relationships with key stakeholders, executive sponsors, client, resident team, and vendors.
- Ability to work independently or work collaboratively with a team to effectively deliver results.
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
- Demonstrates the following competencies: excellent written and verbal communication skills, organization, prioritization, and customer service skills.
- High technical aptitude to master the functions and operations of multiple manufacturers’ print, copy, scan, and fax devices
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude and demonstrated skills
- Knowledge of basic networking
- Prior experience in maintaining and repair of printing equipment and print servers preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and work at floor level
- Frequent sitting, and occasional standing and walking.
- Work is performed indoors.
- Frequent use of hands to fingers, and ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, the ability to adjust focus, and the ability to see color.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate written or online documentation.
Various immunizations and/or medical testing may be required at the company’s expense for positions that work on-site regularly in a hospital or medical setting.