Point of Care Testing Coordinator
- Job Title
- Point of Care Testing Coordinator
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Point of Care Testing Coordinator who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Point of Care Testing Coordinator: The Point of Care (POC) Testing Coordinator provides coordination and technical direction of Point of Care testing as well as ongoing administration and expansion.
- Develops, evaluates, implements and maintains procedures for POC Testing, ensuring the consistency of directives, policies, procedures and guidelines of HUH and other appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Develops, evaluates, implements and monitors the POC Testing Quality Assessment and implement programs.
- Monitors all records of procedure performance and quality control.
- Acts as liaison on POC Testing for the Clinical Laboratories with other hospital activities
- Reviews test results and assures that reports and records are accurate and maintained properly.
- Coordinates annual competency training and certification for all testing personnel
- Organizes in-service training and implements activities to support and reinforce related subjects.
- Maintains logs of preventive, daily and maintenance sufficient to indicate compliance with applicable regulatory standards.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
- Organizational Expectations
- Promotes adherence to the Health Sciences Compliance Program, the Howard University Code of Ethics and the Health Sciences Standards of Conduct.
- Attends annual and periodic mandatory Compliance Program training including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy training.
- Participates in activities that promote adherence to federal healthcare program requirements.
- Actively participates in Health Sciences Compliance Program activities
- Adheres to the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients, families, and staff.
Qualified Candidates will Possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology with a registry by American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
- Ability to direct staff/operators on professional aspects of medical laboratory practice.
- Familiar with advances in Medical Technology related to practice in the laboratory
- Familiar with applicable standards of various regulatory agencies
- Ability to teach and train others
- Demonstrated ability to delegate responsibility for permanent and ad hoc requirements of section operation
- Computer proficiency
- Five (5) years of progressive work experience in all areas of the clinical laboratories
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Educational Opportunity after one year of employment
Work life balance
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered:
PTO (paid time off)
403B Retirement Plan
- Required Skills
•Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology with a registry by American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
•Ability to direct staff/operators on professional aspects of medical laboratory practice.
•Familiar with advances in Medical Technology related to practice in the laboratory
•Familiar with applicable standards of various regulatory agencies
•Ability to teach and train others
•Demonstrated ability to delegate responsibility for permanent and ad hoc requirements of section operation
•Five (5) years of progressive work experience in all areas of the clinical laboratories