- Job Title
- Quality Advisor
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Quality Advisor who will embrace our rich and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference. This position is fully trainable!
This full time position is Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Quality Advisor reports to the Director of the Quality Department. The purpose of this role is to utilize a high-touch model that adheres to the HUH-AHC values (respect, integrity, service, excellence, and stewardship) to drive performance improvement efforts and outcomes of the organization. Leads and facilitates teams to implement performance improvement strategies and maintain regulatory compliance. This position, also, supervises the Quality Analyst position.
- Utilize a high-touch model to provide customer service, area-specific guidance, and consultation to ensure continuous accreditation and regulatory readiness for departments/service-lines regarding state, federal, and local regulatory requirements. Provide education and awareness of Sentinel Events/ alerts from accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Monitor the accreditation and regulatory readiness status, performance improvement processes, and outcomes in accordance with internal and external targets/benchmarks and collaborate with department/service line leaders to improve identified opportunities in accordance to Lean Six Sigma principles.
- Effectively lead projects and project teams and facilitate focused quality and performance improvement efforts in accordance with Lean Six Sigma principles to ensure timely and fiscally sound, improvement projects. Promote transparency through retrospective and prospective analyses of performance trends that inform stakeholders of potential opportunities for improvement.
- Manage the team of Quality Analysts to include training, coaching, and completing performance evaluations and provide feedback, and counsels as required.
- Coordinate/support peer review and professional practice-related efforts in accordance with the entity infrastructure.
- Support/monitor action plans associated with HUH-AHC incident management activities/tasks.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
- Promotes adherence to the Health Sciences Compliance Program, the Howard University Code of Ethics and the Health Sciences Standards of Conduct.
- Attends annual and periodic mandatory Compliance Program training including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy training.
- Participates in activities that promote adherence to federal healthcare program requirements.
- Actively participates in Health Sciences Compliance Program activities
- Adheres to the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients, families, and staff.
Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science or Arts degree
- Formal education in healthcare and/or sciences in lieu of degree will also be accepted
- Master’s Degree or higher preferred
- Minimum of one year of quality and/or performance improvement experience.
- Strong knowledge of clinical operations and relationship management in a healthcare setting.
- Experience interacting with cross functional teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Three (3) years of clinical experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
- Project management experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
- Proficiency with Companion by Mini-Tab preferred
- Experience with data analytics a plus
- Minimum of two years of supervisory and/or management experience.
Certification and/or Licensure
- Must be licensed or eligible to be licensed to practice in the District of Columbia, if clinical (i.e. RN, BSN, MD, RT, etc.) (Application for license must be completed within 30 days of employment.)
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher-must be obtained within 12 months of employment.
- CPHQ must be obtained within 18 months of hire.
Culture of Care Statement: In an effort to improve patient safety, Howard University Hospital (HUH) supports a Just Culture. This atmosphere of accountability promotes the identification of human error (mistake), at-risk behavior (behavioral choice that increases risk) and reckless behavior (disregard for risk). The goal is to maintain a culture for learning, safe systems and well managed behavioral choices.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% tuition remission for employees and their dependent children, after 1 and 2 years respectively
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
•Bachelor of Science or Arts degree
Formal education in healthcare and/or sciences in lieu of degree will also be accepted
Master’s Degree or higher preferred
• Minimum of one year of quality and/or performance improvement experience.
• Strong knowledge of clinical operations and relationship management in a healthcare setting.
• Experience interacting with cross functional teams.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Three (3) years of clinical experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
• Project management experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
• Proficiency with Companion by Mini-Tab preferred
• Experience with data analytics a plus
Minimum of two years of supervisory and/ or Management Experience.
Certification and or Licensure:
Must be licensed or eligible to be licensed to practice in the District of Columbia, if clinical (i.e. RN, BSN, MD, RT, etc.) (Application for license must be completed within 30 days of employment.)
Six Sigma Green Belt or higher-must be obtained within 12 months of employment.
CPHQ must be obtained within 18 months of hire.