Quantico Disabled Day Time Custodian Contract 6:00am-1:30pm
- Job Title
- Quantico Disabled Day Time Custodian Contract 6:00am-1:30pm
- Job ID
- FREDERICKSBURG, 22408
- Other Location
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries (RGI) is searching for Full Time Disabled Daytime Custodians 6:00am-1:30pm- for QUANTICO MARINE CORP BASE shift to join our team. As a Custodian you will perform routine maintenance activities for Military Base Buildings including cleaning, sanitizing, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and vacuuming floors, dusting, and polishing fixtures and furniture, gathering and emptying trash, replacing trash liners as needed, wiping down trash receptacle as needed, scrubbing, sanitizing, and supplying restroom facilities, cleaning windows, mirrors, door-handles, switch-plates, and partitions, assuring custodial closets are clean, orderly, stocked, and equipment works properly.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, and vacuum floors.
- Dust, clean, and polish fixtures and furniture.
- Gather and empty trash - replace trash liners as needed - wipe down trash receptacle as needed.
- Scrub, sanitize, and supply restroom facilities.
- Clean windows, mirrors, door-handles, switch-plates, and partitions.
- Assure custodial closets are clean, orderly, stocked, and equipment works properly.
- Manage inventory of cleaning supplies.
- Notify manager of any need of repairs, damage, or additional needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be DBIDS (Defense Biometric Identification System) eligible.
- This position requires a drug screen and background check.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Ability to read and mix cleaning solutions and chemicals in containers in preparation for cleaning, according to instructions.
- Ability to be flexible, work at a fast pace, in a multi-tasked job, as well as be dependable and timely.
- Ability to read and follow use of chemical cleaners and machinery.
- One to two years custodial experience preferable but not required - will provide on the job training to those with a strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Experience working for a professional janitorial company, office complex, hotel, hospital or school is a plus.
- Persons with Disabilities Preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT/WORK CONDITIONS:
- Constant (up to 100%) standing, walking, pushing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting, reaching over head, reaching forward. Must be able to lift and/or carry 35 lbs.
- Able to operate custodial equipment.
- MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM QUANTICO MARINE CORP BASE or a van is available from our Market Street location.
In addition to pay and benefits, you will receive valuable training and experience. Best of all, when you come to work, you’ll know that your efforts make a meaningful difference in countless lives and communities. Join the Goodwill team and you will find more than a job…You will find a career with a cause!
To learn more about our company and team, please visit our website: www.fredgoodwill.org
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Rappahannock Goodwill Industries, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team and the communities we serve. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.