Donation Center Attendant- Bowling Green
- Job Title
- Donation Center Attendant- Bowling Green
- Job ID
- Bowling Green, VA 22427
- Other Location
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries (RGI) is searching for Donation Attendants for our newest donation center coming to Bowling Green, opening in December of 2023. These individuals will assist donation customers and provide tax receipts for such, sort donations by category, and explain company policy when unable to accept some donations. Maintain a clean and neat receiving and processing environment.
- Assure exceptionally friendly customer service.
- Safeguard company property and equipment against loss, theft, or damage. All donations are considered RGI property.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to security policies and enforce all security rules and regulations and reports incidents to Store Manager.
- Assist as necessary with loading/ unloading donations
- Explain to donors the company’s policies when unable to accept some donations.
- Provide donors with tax receipts.
- Sorts donations received by categories: textiles; house wares, toys, E-Commerce, etc.
- Assure that the donation area and surrounding area inside and out are always kept clean and neat, including donation center trailer, if applicable.
- Evaluate wares for quality and value and price appropriately and determine when items need to be sent to the E Commerce department.
- Prepare the outbound merchandise for shipment to warehouse.
- Assist in any other store function as needed to assure all work goals are met and to cross train in all store functions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Must be available to work during operating hours as needed for business operations. Work schedule may include days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and blackout periods which may vary from week to week as well as occasional overtime when approved by management.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Warehouse experience preferred.
- Ability to stand and move around for extended periods. Ability to climb, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, handle, carry, push, pull, and lift objects up to 75 pounds.
- Basic computer skills, basic phone skills.
- Inside and Outside Warehouse environment and Receiving area with exposure to outdoor elements.
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to pay and benefits, you will receive valuable training and experience. Best of all, when you come to work, you’ll know that your efforts make a meaningful difference in countless lives and communities. Join the Goodwill team and you will find more than a job…You will find a career with a cause!
To learn more about our company and team, please visit our website: www.fredgoodwill.org
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Rappahannock Goodwill Industries, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team and the communities we serve. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
- Pay Range
- $14.00 None to $14.00 None