Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Network Operation Center (NOC) Technician
- Job Title
- Network Operation Center (NOC) Technician
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
Summit Broadband Inc. is a cutting edge, fiber-based broadband provider delivering best in class residential, commercial, and hospitality technology solutions. This growing, dynamic high-tech company headquartered in sunny Central Florida, is seeking a Network Operations Technician - Tier 1 to join our NOC team and grow with us. The new Summit Broadband is poised for an incredible future fueled by team members dedicated to being the best.
Job Title: NOC Technician I
Department: Network Operations Center
Reports to: Senior Manager, NOC
Location: Orlando, FL
The NOC Technician Level I primary functions include monitoring Summit Broadband network infrastructure and investigating alarms down to root cause for repair or dispatch. Receiving incoming calls from and providing support to all SLA and Cell site customers. Creating trouble tickets for tracking purposes, handling after-hours callouts and escalations, implementing outage restoration procedures and assist in tracking of scheduled network maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below.
- Maintain surveillance of network at all times
- Correlates and troubleshoots alarms collected by NOC monitoring tools. Identify root cause of trouble and resolve, dispatch or escalate as required
- Maintain integrity of Network Monitoring Systems by referring erroneous alarms to responsible parties
- Troubleshoots issues that are reported by Cell Site Backhaul customers, Carriers and SLA customers.
- Assists field operations with troubleshooting and resolving customer/network related issues.
- Provide support for the Care Center escalations
- Provide additional technical support for other internal organizations
- Answer phones promptly
- Create tickets for all network troubles
- Assists in completion of scheduled network maintenance
- Track and communicate outages via Incident Management application Case in a timely and effective manner
- Work non-traditional work schedules covering 7 x 24 x 365 operations
- Perform after-hours callouts and escalations
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the proper operation of the NOC
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative to the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2-3 years of Telecommunications or related industry experience
- 1 year previous work on a telecom surveillance system preferred
- 1 year previous work in customer facing role preferred
- Knowledge and experience in troubleshooting high speed data services
- Knowledge and experience in troubleshooting 3 or more of the following:
- Metro-Ethernet devices and circuitry
- VLAN operations
- TCP/IP, PPPoE and cable modems
- Small office & home networking
- PC network configurations
- Routing and sub-netting
- Email delivery
- IP and RF video distribution architectures.
- TDM, WDM, DWDM, SONET
- ATM, DSL, ADSL
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects as well as lead small, directed projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Moderate proficiency with Microsoft Office products preferred
- Ability to obtain Juniper JNCIA certification within 1 year of employment
- Working knowledge of Juniper Routers and Switches
- Working knowledge of HFC, Fiber and Copper plant
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.