Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Credit & Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Job Title
- Credit & Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
- Central Florida
Summit Broadband Inc. is a fiber-based broadband provider delivering a connection that is up to 100 times faster than today's average broadband speeds with crystal clear high definition TV and quality phone service. Summit Broadband delivers the best in telecommunications services in Central and Southwest Florida with a growing team of 275 professionals. This growing, dynamic high-tech company is seeking a Credit & Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our team and grow with us.
Title: Credit & Accounts Receivable Specialist
Reports to: Credit/AR Supervisor
Location: Orlando, FL
This position is responsible for administrating the daily credit and collections operations of the company related to customer account activity including payment processing, A/R recovery, active account collections, and bad debt administration. The scope of this position includes developing and implementing current best practices based on credit and industry standards.
This position will require the candidate to be located in the Central Florida area and work in-office.
- Post daily receipts to customer accounts and reconcile related batch
- Monitor promise to pays on a weekly basis and submit activity report to Senior Accounting Manager
- Commercial Account collections in collaboration with company Commercial Account Manager and Sales team
- Contact residential customers and collect past due balances
- Complete the process to disconnect customers for non-payment of account according to disconnect schedule
- Responsible for writing off customer accounts in accordance with company policy
- Report written-off accounts to credit bureaus
- Provide weekly status updates of related credit activity to supervisor
- Administrate bankruptcy notifications related to active accounts through resolution
- Take escalated customer contacts related to credit and collections issues on demand through resolution
- Ensure all policies, rules and/or operational changes are implemented in order to reach Department and/or Company objectives
- Monitor company debt collection performance indicators and take action as required to ensure department quality standards are maintained.
- Coordinate monthly credit process to ensure accuracy and timely recovery of customer A/R
- Ensure that current collection regulatory guidelines and Truth in Billing regulations are adhered to
- Represent company in account collection litigation as necessary
- Develop and implement improvements designed to increase efficiency
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned
- Perform non-pay disconnects
- Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Act as secondary backup to Accounts Payable
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of:
- company policies, procedures, products and services
- billing systems related to industry best practices
- credit and collections best practices and procedures
- time management and organizational skills
- data reporting software applications including intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Skill to:
- write original material, edit, proofread and finalize written material
- gather and report numerical data and produce statistical reports
- generate statistical data reports and related analyses as required
- effectively communicate in English and Spanish (written and oral)
- Ability to:
- work independently
- think analytically and be a problem solver
- communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner
- work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadline
- prioritize multiple work assignments
- pay close attention to detail
- read, analyze, and interpret reports
- provide excellent customer service
- create a team environment and sustain employee morale
- work in a safe and effective manner
- effectively present ideas and concepts to audience
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 Years experience in credit and collections, preferably in the telecommunications industry
- A minimum of 3 years commercial collections
- High School diploma required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband is a drug and tobacco free workplace.
Summit Broadband is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.