Director of E-Commerce
- Job Title
- Director of E-Commerce
- Job ID
- Fredericksburg, VA 22408
- Other Location
DIRECTOR OF E-COMMERCE
About Rappahannock Goodwill Industries
We create jobs locally, prepare people to succeed at work, and help them overcome barriers to employment.
That people with barriers to employment – particularly those with disabilities – enjoy full social and economic participation in their community.
As an organization, Goodwill believes in the following:
disAbility First Serving the entire workforce while focusing on people with disabilities Respect Treating everyone with dignity and respect Stewardship Acting responsibly in all ways, including socially, financially, and environmentally Ethics Striving to meet the highest standards of conduct and set a good example Learning Fostering a culture of continuous learning
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries (referred to as RGI, or just Goodwill) began in the mid-1960s when a group of concerned parents of adult children with developmental disabilities began to question the lack of growth opportunities for their children. In 1968, the combined effort of the Association for Retarded Citizens (ARC), the Fredericksburg Area Mental Health Association, and the Junior Women’s Club created Opportunities Unlimited. That organization (long before it became a Goodwill) provided residents of Stafford, Spotsylvania, Caroline, and King George counties and the City of Fredericksburg with the first day program in the area for adults with disabilities.
By 1970 the organization realized that people want to work, as working offers a sense of purpose and accomplishment—for individuals with and without disabilities. So, Opportunities Unlimited adopted a vocational mission, changed its name to Rappahannock Rehabilitation Facility, Inc. (RRF), and began a packaging and assembly operation.
The organization continued to evolve when its vision expanded beyond the walls of the production floor to include work settings in the community. Custodial crews were created to be mobile, in order to fulfill custodial contracts in the community.
By 1991, RRF recognized that its dependence on external funding limited who could receive services and for how long. The organization’s vision was to be able to serve more individuals, and thus it took a step toward financial independence by forging an affiliation with Goodwill Industries International. Thus, RRF became Rappahannock Goodwill Industries, Inc. This move toward control over its financial future marked the beginning of a new era.
What is now Goodwill industries International began in 1902, when Reverend Edgar Helms started the first Goodwill in Boston by gathering clothing and other items from the community for his poor parishioners to repair and sell for wages. That same focus on meaningful work for wages applies today and serves as the foundation for more than 150 Goodwills in North America and affiliates in 12 other countries across the globe. Locally, Rappahannock Goodwill Industries has served thousands of individuals by helping them enjoy the power of work.
About the City of Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Virginia
The City of Fredericksburg was established by an act of the Virginia General Assembly in 1728, on land originally patented by John Buckner and Thomas Royston of Essex County in 1681. It was named for Frederick, Prince of Wales (1707-51), eldest son of King George II of Great Britain and father of King George III. Its older streets still bear the names of members of the British royal family.
Midway between Washington, D.C, and Richmond, Spotsylvania is a picturesque county known for being as unique as its name. The County’s heritage is deep, extending beyond the Civil War to include the Revolutionary War, African American history and Native American history, as well as its unique early foundry and agricultural roots. Spotsylvania also has an abundance of beautiful countryside and nature-based recreation, highlighted by scenic Lake Anna. There are culinary delights appealing to every taste bud and cultural charms spanning music and the arts.
Director of E-Commerce
The Director of E-Commerce is responsible for establishing and managing e-commerce strategies and operations; increasing revenue and reaching e-commerce goals that align with RGI’s strategic plan; combining sales, marketing, technology, and management expertise to develop a plan that delivers a superior brand and shopping experience for customers.
- Execute an effective E-Commerce strategy aligned with the company’s overall business goals. This includes setting sales targets, identifying growth opportunities, and defining marketing campaigns.
- Facilitates operations, fulfillment, digital merchandising, and digital marketing to drive continuous operational innovation.
- Oversee the maintenance of the company’s E-Commerce site. Ensure the website is user-friendly, visually appealing, and optimized for sales. Monitor website performance and implement improvements when needed.
- Work with marketing to implement digital marketing strategies to drive traffic to the E-Commerce website. This may include search engine optimization, advertising, email marketing, social media campaigns, and other online marketing channels.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with business unit leaders within the organization, along with key online retailers/partners.
- Oversee products and inventory to ensure accurate and up-to-date product information, pricing, and availability on the E-Commerce platform. Optimize product listings and merchandising to maximize sales.
- Enhance the online customer experience by implementing user-friendly interfaces, intuitive navigation, convenient checkout, and timely delivery of purchases. Monitor customer feedback and reviews and address any issues or concerns promptly.
- Track and analyze E-Commerce performance metrics, such as sales, conversion rates, average order value, and customer acquisition costs. Utilize data-driven insights to identify trends, make informed decisions, and optimize performance.
- Lead and manage a team of E-Commerce staff. Provide guidance, mentorship, and support to ensure the team’s success.
- Collaborate with external vendors and business partners to leverage their expertise and tools. Manage relationships and stay updated on industry trends and emerging technology.
- Ensure compliance with relevant E-Commerce laws, regulations, and standards, such as data privacy and security requirements. Implement measures to protect customer information and secure online transactions.
- Stay informed about E-Commerce trends, innovations, and best practices. Continuously evaluate and implement new technologies, tools, and techniques to improve the E-Commerce platform and performance and competitiveness.
- Tests new approaches to capturing existing demand and identifies new areas of ecommerce opportunities beyond current organizational thinking.
- Recruits, hires and trains personnel effectively.
- Develop and implement operational guidelines (best practices) for the ecommerce operation.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least 5 years of prior experience in E-Commerce, experience is a high-volume operation.
- Proven success developing, executing, and maintaining sophisticated digital commerce brand strategies, successful delivery of business value, near and mid-term growth for a brand.
- Demonstrates strong business judgement and decision-making skills, ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives.
- Lead a large team of employees and demonstrate the ability to motivate, coach, mentor, and develop workforce to reach set goals.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office Suite products, cloud-based computing, and online data-tracking systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with colleagues in brick-and-mortar stores, HR, IT, Marketing and Accounting.
Competitive base pay.
- Benefits include paid time off (PTO), medical insurance, prescription coverage, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan, short- and long-term disability coverage.
- Opportunity to work for one of the nation’s most well-known and respected nonprofit organizations.
Please create a profile & Apply to job.
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Range
- $75,000.00 None to $0.00 None