Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Job ID
- Wheeling, WV 43204
- Other Location
- Throughout West Virginia
Job Title: Flagger
Business Unit: Gudenkauf, a Congruex Company
Department: Outside Plant - West Virginia
Reports To: Construction Coordinator
Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end-users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high-quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest end-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex.
Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks.
Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, IMPROVING ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex.
Gudenkauf, a Congruex Company
Gudenkauf is a diversified telecommunications, utility, and systems integration solution provider with the personnel, equipment, expertise, and experience to deliver even in the toughest and most complicated conditions. We offer a variety of services from outside plant construction, fiber optic splicing, and testing, utility locating, intelligent transportation systems, gas line cathodic protection, and emergency restoration services. We have grown to service the states of Ohio, and West Virginia, along with expanding into Kentucky, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
The Flagger will be responsible for directing and controlling the flow of traffic around construction sites, working in teams, and observing safety regulations. This position supports the state of West Virginia.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
· Direct traffic and understand how to control traffic to ensure smooth traffic
· Maintain traffic patterns around construction sites
· Direct emergency vehicles safely through construction zones, as required
· Communicate with motorists
· Must be able to answer questions about detours
· Communicate with other flaggers using hand signals, hand-held radios, flags, and electronic control devices to direct traffic
· Identify non-compliant motorists and record license plates to report to police
· Inform the construction crew of any traffic issues that may affect their safety
· Set up cones and barricades along construction sties to cordon off certain areas and remove them upon completion of construction work
· Work with little or no supervision
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· Ability to control traffic
· Knowledge of state and local traffic and safety regulations
· Knowledge of map and construction site plans
· Ability to direct vehicles and traffic around work sites using hand signals, flags, and electronic control devices
· Ability to manage unexpected events and emergencies
· Exceptional observation skills
· Effective communication skills (verbal, listening, and written) to communicate with motorists and construction crews
· Maintain a safety focus
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and place traffic control signs to manage work zone traffic
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills
· Able to work in adverse weather conditions – heat, cold, snow, ice, rain, etc
· Ability to stand on feet for extended periods.
· Ability to work long hours
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
· Flagger Certification
· 1 – 2 years previous Flagger experience, preferred
· Construction industry experience
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.