Systems Analyst II
- Job Title
- Systems Analyst II
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
The Systems Analyst II:
- Provides application and system support by analyzing business problems and enhancing or developing application or system solutions through recommendation and implementation.
- Monitors, analyzes, tests, and configures application performance. Applies preventive maintenance.
- Provides assistance and guidance in problem resolution. If systems software is at fault, devise and implement corrections to provide methods of circumvention. Collaborates with vendors or other necessary resources to resolve problems. Provides data file backup and recovery procedures in computer systems failure situations. Performs troubleshooting within assigned areas of responsibility, identifying and isolating specific problem areas. Determines the source of problems.
- Develops plans and procedures for implementation of enhancements, corrections, or modifications of software and performs installation of the same. Takes into account data conversions, hardware installation schedules, availability of vendor technicians, and impact on the user community.
- Monitors, documents, and reports on work progress. Provides assistance as needed. Coordinates and integrates completed work into the overall project. Advises the supervisor of work progress, problems, and any developments which may affect targeted completion dates.
- Provides user training on assigned applications
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered all-inclusive.
- Detailed knowledge of healthcare software solutions plus a broad knowledge of application programming methods, procedures, and techniques in order to provide troubleshooting and consulting services, and deal effectively with vendor technicians in pertinent specialty areas.
- Knowledge and experience in programming, technical network architecture, Information Systems management, and network operating systems are mandatory.
- Demonstrated analytical skills: analyze complex tasks/ systems/problems, determine possible solutions, and design, implement, and evaluate the most effective solution.
- Demonstrates professional demeanor, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills to effectively analyze, interact, and provide recommendations to system users, leadership, and vendors.
- Novice to intermediate level understanding of Hospital Information Systems (HIS) and Clinical Information Systems (CIS).
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
- Ability to work tactfully and effectively with team members, the vendor, and the user community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems related area required.
- Experience applying analysis, design, configuration, and project management skills with an emphasis on systems implementation. Siemens Invision, Soarian Clinicals experience preferred.
- Two (2) years of healthcare experience and software experience working with systems.
- Complete software cycle experience including analysis design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- On-call availability is required for this position.
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
#GR8Information Technology (IT)
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems related area required.
Experience applying analysis, design, configuration and project management skills with an emphasis on systems implementation. Siemens Invision, Soarian Clinicals experience preferred.
Two (2) years healthcare experience and software experience working with systems.
Complete software cycle experience including analysis design, implementation, testing and deployment.
On-call availability is required for this position.