ASTEC was founded in 1972 with the vision to apply creative thinking and state-of-the-art technology to traditionally low-tech industries, bolstered by a corporate culture renowned for putting customer service first. Based in Chattanooga, our market-leading brands have become a global leader in the manufacture of equipment from Rock to Road.
Fabrication Machine Operator - Day Shift
- Job Title
- Fabrication Machine Operator - Day Shift
- Job ID
- Parsons, KS
- Other Location
At Power Flame (an ASTEC brand), our mission is to design, build, and capitalize on the most innovative solutions and products for the industries and customers we serve globally. Our employees thrive in a safe and team-oriented work environment where they are empowered to make suggestions for operational and sustainability enhancements. With safety as our first core value, we take pride in developing talent and invest in training, protective equipment, and technology for continuous improvement. If you share our dedication to advancement and quality services, we'd love to have you join us at Power Flame (an ASTEC brand)!
The Fabrication Machine Operators tend to fabricating machines such as CNC lasers, cutoff saws, shears, rolls, brakes, presses, forming machines, spinning machines, and punch, that cut, shape, and bend metal plates, sheets, tubes, and structures. Our Day Shift hours are Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30pm
What You'll Do:
• Observe machine operation to detect errors.
• Performs quality checks and checks for accuracy of machine operation.
• Set up machine as required for job orders.
• Use the computer to check for change orders, delete or add parts as needed, and to do key flow.
• Other duties as requested or required
Why You'll Love Working for Us:
• Health, Dental, Vision- Day 1 Eligibility
• Life, and Spousal Insurance
• Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
• Short-Term Disability
• Employee Wellness Programs, Tuition Aid, and Employee Assistance Program
What We Need from You:
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• Minimum of 1 year experience in a machine operator position within a manufacturing environment
• Minimum of 1 year experience working with sheet metal within a manufacturing environment required
• Reasoning development to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions relating to standardized situations.
• Mathematical development to perform the four basic arithmetic operations as well as compute rate, ratio, and percent using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Language development: ability to read and interpret safety rules, instructions, manuals, order forms, or checklists
• Write routine reports and correspondence
• Communicate effectively with coworkers.
• Basic knowledge of the use and operation of hand tools, air tools, electrical tools, and computers.
• Proficient in promoting safe and healthy work environment
• Specific vision abilities with this job require close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); and distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); and peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); and depth perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge distances); and ability to adjust focus; and ability to identify and distinguish colors 100% of time.
• Must be able to talk and/or hear well enough to communicate with co-workers 60% of time.
• Must be able to stand enough to perform job (move metal) 90% of time.
• Must be able to walk on level surface to cover job area 20% of time.
• Must be able to bend, twist, reach, lean enough to perform fabrication 90% of time.
• Must be able to climb or balance enough to perform fabrication duties 20% of time.
• Must be able to reach with hands and arms; and/or use hands to feel or handle well enough to pick up parts and perform fabrication duties 50% of time.
• The employee is required to exert up to 40 pounds of force occasionally; and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently; and/or up to 20 pounds of force regularly.
• While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is regularly exposed to a moderate noise level, fumes, chemicals, work near moving objects, heavy equipment, and cordless electrical tools. Building is heated during winter and during the summer temperatures will exceed outside ambient temperatures. Temperature fluctuations may also be caused by equipment in the area.
ASTEC is a Drug Free Workplace, Affirmative Action, and Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.