Clinical Nurse - Department: Wound Care
- Job Title
- Clinical Nurse - Department: Wound Care
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Wound Care Treatment RN who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Wound Care Treatment RN:
- Interact(s) with staff, physicians, patients and their families, other healthcare providers, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
- Provides direct patient care as prescribed by the provider or delegation from the Registered Nurse
- Observes patient’s response and wound status, reporting any changes to the registered nurse or supervising clinician, according to facility or agency guidelines.
- Participates and reinforces education to patients, family members/caregivers, and facility/agency staff that is consistent with the established care plan for preventative measures, interventions, and individualized patient treatments
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Current licensure as an RN in the District of Columbia.
- Wound Care Nurse Certification, current American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification.
- At least 3 years of experience in providing wound care management.
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
• Current licensure as an RN in the District of Columbia.
• Wound Care Nurse Certification, current American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification.
• At least 3 years of experience in providing wound care management.