- Job Title
- Sourcing Manager
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Sourcing Manager who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence.
The Sourcing Manager:
- Develops sourcing strategies to identify vendors that meet the organization's quality, cost, or service requirements.
- Participates in the evaluation of products, goods, or services prior to purchase, and ensures standards are continuously met after purchase. Negotiates contracts and agreements and ensures compliance with internal or external purchasing requirements.
- Reviews organizational purchases and identifies opportunities for cost reduction through purchase consolidation. Educate staff on how to better utilize networking tools.
- Acts as a liaison between internal stakeholders and external suppliers, maintaining relationships and ensuring satisfaction.
- Leads and directs the work of other material management employees and has full authority for personnel decisions.
- Administering established policies and procedures and recommends changes.
- Participates in process improvement, budgeting, and strategic planning initiatives.
- Manage daily work assignments and reassign resources as needed to complete sourcing activities. Reviews purchase requisitions and identify savings opportunities.
- Support Product recalls follow-up actions.
- Participates in and monitors the accuracy of physical inventory items.
- Bridge communication between A/P, supply chain staff, and vendors to minimize invoice exceptions.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or another related field.
- Six or more years of purchasing/sourcing experience, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Three or more year’s supervisory experience.
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or another related field.
Six or more years of purchasing/sourcing experience, preferably in a healthcare environment.
Three or more year’s supervisory experience.