Maternal & Child Health Technician, Labor and Delivery Days
- Job Title
- Maternal & Child Health Technician, Labor and Delivery Days
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
Maternal & Child Health Technician: Full-Time -07:30am 8pm
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Maternal & Child Health Technician for Labor & Delivery who will embrace our rich and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
· Knowledge of a proficiency in providing direct patient care.
· Ability to use patient care equipment safely and effectively; for example, pulse oximeter, dinamapp, sequential compression device, glucose monitor, hearing screening machines etc.
· Ability to document direct patient care on appropriate forms.
· Basic knowledge of fundamentals of anatomy, sterilization procedures, aseptic techniques, medical terminology and care of instruments in the obstetrical service.
· Maintain knowledge of obstetrics instruments and surgical supplies.
· Ability to adhere to strict policies and procedure involving safety hazards and the handling of materials according to Hospital’s policies and procedures.
· Exceptional customer service skills essential.
· High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
· 2+ years of experience as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant and/or Scrub Technician experience in an acute care patient setting.
· Successful completion of a hospital- or school-based training program for Operating Room Technician (ORT) or Labor and Delivery Scrub Technician.
· Current American Heart Association BLS certificate
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation and sick leave and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
• High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• 2+ years of experience as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant and/or Scrub Technician experience in an acute care patient setting.
• Successful completion of a hospital- or school-based training program for Operating Room Technician (ORT) or Labor and Delivery Scrub Technician.
• Current American Heart Association BLS certificate