Help Desk Operator
- Job Title
- Help Desk Operator
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Help Desk Operator who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Help Desk Operator:
- Knowledge of basic computer functions, including data processing, scanners, Microsoft Office tools and other general software.
- Working knowledge of general application programs, internet and intranet needed to assist end users with first level support
- Knowledge of, and ability to utilize basic computer system functionality such as upload and download activities as well as other electronic file creations
- Basic knowledge and experience with printers
- Ability to troubleshoot, access data electronically, and research issues with data
- Ability to operate and communicate effectively while under pressure
- Ability to work rotating shifts and on weekends
- Ability to maintain proactive clear and concise communication with IT and Telecommunications resources for optimal response to Help Desk calls
- Maintains professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Competence in both oral and written skills
Qualified candidates will possess:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D is required
- Bachelors in computer systems is preferred
- Two years of customer service experience or technology support. Preferably in a Healthcare setting
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Solutions, Email and Internet.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
High School Diploma or G.E.D
Bachelors In computer systems preferred
2 years Customer Service
Proficient in Microsoft Office Solutions, email and internet