Emergency Department Technician, Nights
- Job Title
- Emergency Department Technician, Nights
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
Emergency Department Technician: Full Time- 7:30 pm-8:00 am, EOW
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Full-time Emergency Department Technician who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
This Full-time position consists of three 12-hour shifts a week. 7:30 PM - 8 AM with every other weekend.
Emergency Department Technician:
- General knowledge of all Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and how to perform them
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and anticipate their needs
- Ability to work independently and handle a multi-task environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality relating to client issues
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and work within a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Completion of an approved health care training program beyond high school (i.e., CNA, EMT, PCT Training Program).
- A minimum of six months experience as a PCT, EMT, CNA, or a Nursing Student with completion of at least one year of clinical rotation, including successful completion of the Fundamentals of Nursing course and clinical, or a recent nurse graduate preparing to take the NCLEX-RN exam.
- One (1) or more years hands-on patient care experience in a hospital setting providing patient care is preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support certification through American Heart Association: Health Care Provider is required.
- Completion of an approved phlebotomy course is preferred.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, lift, climb, balance, push, reach, handle, write, file, speak, hear, see (depth perception, color vision), evaluate, and organize for extended periods of time.
- Emergency Medical Technician Certification is preferred. EMT certification must obtain within 18 months of the hire date.
- Two (2) years of experience preferred.
- ACLS Certification Preferred.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% Tuition Remission for employees and their dependent children.
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
.High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
Emergency Medical Technician Certification preferred, EMT certification must obtain within 18 months of hire date.
Two (2) years of experience preferred.
ACLS Certification Preferred.
Must be able to stand, walk, sit, lift, climb, balance, push, reach, handle, write, file, speak, hear, see (depth perception, color vision), evaluate and organize for extended periods of time.