- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant
- Job ID
- Washington DC, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire an Administrative Assistant who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Administrative Assistant:
- Performs general office duties such as establishing and maintaining official documents and records in appropriate files; ordering supplies; sorting and distributing mail, including faxes and emails.
- Answers electronic communications and phone calls, directing calls to appropriate parties, or takes messages.
- Conducts research, compiles data, and prepares correspondence/documents for consideration.
- Greets and screens visitors and assist and answers routine questions.
- Reviews a variety of materials, including reports memos, and letters for content and recommends changes were appropriate.
- Responds promptly and appropriately to questions/concerns/complaints and attempts immediate resolution.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
- Associate’s degree or two (2) years of college or business school
- Two (2) years of related secretarial experience
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
Must be able to walk, sit, lift (12-25 lbs.), reach, handle, write, type, speak, hear, see (depth perception), calculate, compare and evaluate, for extended periods of time.
- Required Skills
Associate’s degree or two (2) years of college or business school
Two (2) years of related secretarial experience